This is a perfect breakfast or brunch dish accompanied by our garlic and truffle flavoured oils.
Recipe by The Devilled Egg | Online Cookery School.
- 2 slices of sourdough (we used charcoal sourdough), toasted
- 2 poached eggs
- 2 slices of Speck (Thinly slices Italian cured & smoked ham)
- 100g mixed wild mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of Fussels Garlic Oil for Cooking
- Drizzle of Fussels Truffle Flavoured Rapeseed Oil
- 1 teaspoon of chopped chives
How to poach eggs:
- Fill your pan with water about 3/4 of the way up, then bring to a gentle boil - somewhere just above simmering point.
- Add white wine vinegar beforehand - two tablespoons of vinegar will do for a pan which comfortably fits 4 eggs.
- Gently add the egg, dropping it in from just above the water level, not from a height.
- These should only need two and a half to three minutes for the white to cook through, leaving the centre of the yolk hot but beautifully runny.
- To test it, lift out of the water with a skimmer and gently prod the yolk.
- There should be some resistance, but also some give, indicating softness on the inside
- Remove gently from the pan and place on a couple of sheets of kitchen paper, to soak up the water.
To cook the mushrooms:
Clean and slice the mushrooms.
Heat the garlic oil in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms with a little salt until golden brown.
Place the toasted sourdough on a plate, top with the Speck (you can use Italian Prosciutto or Parma ham if you can't get Speck), mushrooms, followed by the eggs and drizzled with our truffle flavoured rapeseed oil and sprinkled with chives.